Five Reasons to go on the 2019 TAMID Fellowship
The TAMID Fellowship is an incredible opportunity for TAMID members. It gives you the unique opportunity to have an exceptional internship experience, while exploring Israel in a unique and exciting way. Here are the top 5 reasons of why I think you should go on the Fellowship.
1) Career development: As young college students, we often struggle with envisioning a future career path for ourselves. The TAMID Fellowship can easily help you gain a better insight into what you want your future to look like. It gives the chance to connect you with career-oriented students from all over the country that can help you figure out where you want to go.
2) Connect an extremely valuable professional network: Approximately 240 students go on the Fellowship. These are students that are high-achievers, and have a fantastic future up ahead. It gives you a network of people who have a high chance of succeeding in the future, and will be sure to help out in the future.
3) The amazing trips: The Fellowship offers trips around Israel that allow each participant, whether they’re born in Israel or haven’t been at all, a unique view to parts of the country they most likely haven’t seen before. Highlights include the trip to the Golan, the Galil and the infamous Nitzana Trip.
4) It's fun: I know this sounds cliché, but living in a foreign city with over 200 other college students is just an overall fun way to spend your summer. Whether you’re on the beach in Tel Aviv, in Mahane Yehuda in Jerusalem, or eating at your favorite restaurant, there is an unparalleled amount of social opportunities that are just what I said... fun.
5) LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST...THE FOOD:
Once again, I know this sounds cliché, but really. The food in Israel is amazing. Go try anything you want, and you’ll see what I mean. It’s really incredible. If you’re in Tel Aviv, you’ve got to try Pita Basta in Sarona Market. In Jerusalem, Burger Market by Mahane Yehuda. These places are unbelievable.